Vandebharat Express, also known as Train 18, is an indigenously designed train whose existence marks a new era in travel technology for Indian Railways. Vande Bharat Express has several unique features like bio-vacuum toilets, Wi-Fi onboard, fully automatic doors, etc.
Several other features make this train stand apart from the rest.
In this blog, we tell you more about the features and facilities this train offers its passengers for a unique travel experience.
About Vandebharat Express Trains:
Known to be one of the fastest trains in India, the Vandebharat express is also a semi-high-speed train. Vandebharat is the most prestigious and modern train run and managed by the Indian Railways. The Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, inaugurated the train in 2019.
The train is operational on eight routes spread across different parts of India.
- New Delhi to Varanasi Junction
- New Delhi to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
- Mumbai to Gandhinagar Capital
- New Delhi to Amb Andaura
- MGR Chennai Central to Mysuru Junction
- Bilaspur Junction to Nagpur Junction
- Howrah Junction to New Jalpaiguri Junction
- Visakhapatnam Junction to Secunderabad Junction
Features & Facilities of Vandebharat Express Trains:
The Vandebharat express train is one of the phenomenal trains in India, both in terms of features and facilities. Some of the enormous facilities the train offers to its passengers for a worthy travel experience include;
- Improved heat air conditioning and ventilation management system ensured by employing higher efficiency fans equipped with UV LEDs to provide a germ-resistant air supply.
- A fire detection system that uses aerosol fire suppression technology has been installed in each coach, avoiding any potential fire accidents.
- Each coach has provided two signaling lights to communicate with wayside stations.
- A 32-inch entertainment system has been installed in each coach for a better pleasure experience during travel.
- A total of 4 surveillance cameras, including a rearview camera outside the coach, have been installed on the new Vandebharat’s platform sides.
Apart from the facilities mentioned above, Vandebharat Express offers excellent catering services. Other prominent amenities include automatic doors, smoke alarms, an odor control system, bio vacuum toilets, sensory taps, etc.
Safety Features of Vandebharat Express
Other than the surveillance cameras, there are some additional safety features that the Vandebharat train possesses. The train is designed to improve Indian Railways’ green footprint. This is done by dispensing the power cars and saving up to 30% of the total electricity consumption with the advanced regenerative braking system.
Emergency security services of the train employ loco pilots and train guards who can easily communicate with each other & passengers during an emergency.
Other critical security features deployed for safety include reclining seats, automatic fire sensors, CCTV cameras, on-demand content with Wi-Fi facility, 3-hour battery backup, and a GPS to make traveling safe and more comfortable.
The government will produce 400 more Vande Bharat trains over the next three years, according to an announcement made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget 2022, to increase passenger mobility in India.